Troop 10 Activities
Troop 10 enjoys a full slate of camping, hiking and backpacking activities each year. The schedule for 2020-2021 is set (but not in stone), with activities for experienced campers, novice campers, and anywhere in between. There is even a family camping opportunity, so Troop 10 families be ready and join us for a great time! When you see the calendar, bear in mind that some dates and locations may change, and we may add opportunities if something comes along that's too good to miss.
For MOST camping trips, the Class B uniform is the norm. Exceptions will be noted on the calendar, but be sure to consult with the trip's coordinator for the latest information about any trip on our schedule.
Proper equipment and clothing are essential for safe and enjoyable outdoor activities. Some equipment is owned and maintained by the troop. This usually includes equipment that must be shared such as cooking equipment. Troop equipment is assigned to individual patrols. These patrols are responsible for the care of the equipment and bringing the appropriate equipment for each outing. The patrols work with the troop quartermaster when troop equipment needs servicing or replacing. Each individual Scout is expected to provide his own personal equipment and clothing. The list of suggested equipment and clothing is shown below. Remember, proper uniforms are always a must. It is not necessary to purchase the best or most expensive camping equipment and clothing. However, the cheapest equipment may last for only one outing and will not be a bargain.
Wallwood Summer Camp
Things to Bring
- Clear Storage box --- 12" deep with top. This is for all their belongings and will go under their bunk.
- T-shirts --- Several for 6 days. Should be some kind of scout shirt or plain shirt.
- Shorts --- several pair for each day.
- Under garments (you know what I mean) enough for 6 days
- Class A uniform --- Shirt, Shorts, socks (if you have). If you don't have scout shorts, something olive drab green will work. You should arrive in this uniform on Sunday.
- Closed toe shoes
- Swim suit and towel
- Towel and wash cloth --- to take a shower (everyone will take a shower).
- Toothbrush, tooth paste and soap
- Water bottle
- Sleeping bag or sheets and blanket --- it will be hot so light weight is good.
- Laundry bag --- to put dirty clothes in.
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Fan with batteries
- Bug spray
- Paper and pen to take notes in classes
- Backpack to carry your stuff
- Scout Handbook --- We will work on advancement through the week when time permits.
- Suntan lotion (50)
- Money for ammo for shot gun and rifle and any other required materials. This will be purchased at the trading post.
- Spending money. I suggest $5 a day in separate envelopes. Please talk to your boys about this.
Troop 10 involves itself Scouting for Food, and various other local projects.